Thursday, September 10, 2009

Nana and Papa's visit

Catalina Island...a wonderful day!

We took the one hour boat ride over to Catalina Island, leaving the Port of Los Angeles (which was cool too!). We had a nice outside ride over to the island, had fun playing in the water on the beach (Adelee and Nana more than Gordie), shopping, eating ice cream, eating a delicious Mexican dinner mmmm mmm, and exploring the island. We watched seals play in the water as we were boarding the boat back home, then got to see a couple of whales hanging out in the water on the ride back. The captain of the boat stopped the boat and we just floated around watching them come up and down. I know Gordie didn't see them, Adelee may have seen them...but the ooohhhs and ahhhhs from everyone on the boat were very exciting for both of the kids.

I ran my first 10k on that island about 5 or 6 years ago...looking back at the hills I ran up...what was I thinking!?






No comments: